For some years now students from several disciplines have enjoyed interning with Anthra. We have hosted students of veterinary science, animal science, agriculture, wildlife biology, anthropology, industrial design, business management and social sciences.
Internees get the opportunity to work on problems or issues they are interested in which fit within the scope and mandate of Anthra’s activities.
Facilities offered include a small but select library, a multidisciplinary team of mentors and access to field situations.
Interns are encouraged to select a topic on which they would like to focus. Current projects and programmes are indicated under Projects and Programmes. If you have a new idea you would like to explore may also indicate the same in your application. If it fits in with our work we will definitely consider it.
Internees in 2015
- Julie Joly a student of the Ecole France studied the horses kept by the Dhangar community
- Rasi Surana a student of industrial design is working on teaching aids for a mobile school for members of the nomadic pastoral community
- Lora Murray aPhd candidate at the NYU, USA is studying dairy systems in India
Internees in 2016
- Liliane Schmid a Masters student in Business Management at the University of St Gallen , Switzerland, worked on the project “Good Food for all; facilitating a rural urban food exchange”
Apply For An Internship
- Please complete the internship application form provided here
- Attach Letter of intent and purpose
- Add Latest CV with relevant details especially of educational qualifications and work experience if any
- Provide 2 letters of reference
- Indicate Possible interest areas
- For international students please add passport and visa details
- Inform us about your source of finances for supporting the programme